What To Expect After A Facelift
Posted May 25, 2021 in Plastic Surgery Tips, by Dr. Fiorillo
Having a facelift will greatly benefit your overall appearance. It is, however, important that individuals recognize that there is a recovery process involved. Facelifts are often offered on an outpatient basis, but that does not eliminate the fact that it is still a surgical procedure.
Recovering from a Facelift
When you are going in to have a facelift, you should expect the following:
- You will need someone to drive you home from your procedure
- You will be in pain initially, and should have a prescription from your doctor to take as required
- You will not be allowed to shower immediately. Typically, you must wait at least 2 days before washing your hair
- Over the first few days, the swelling in your face may increase
- After a couple of days of bed rest, you can become active and it is encouraged that you walk daily to boost circulation
- You will not be able to wear makeup for a couple of weeks. Once you are healed enough to return to work or other activities, you can begin applying makeup again
Book Your Facelift
Stock images of models are used throughout this website and should not be interpreted as actual patients of our practice. Individual results may vary.