Top 5 Cosmetic Surgeries For Women
Posted August 11, 2020 in Plastic Surgery News, by Dr. Fiorillo
The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) is the world’s largest plastic surgery specialty organization and publishes yearly statistics on cosmetic surgery. The organization has released their 2010 data and the report is surprising. In 2010, there were over 1.5 million surgical cosmetic procedures performed and over 11.5 million minimally-invasive cosmetic procedures performed, such as Botox and microdermabrasion. Overall, there has been a 5% increase in cosmetic procedures performed since 2009 alone.
Although more and more men are turning to cosmetic surgery today, female patients still outnumber males at a rate of about 9 to 1. The ASPS has also listed the top five cosmetic surgeries performed on women in 2010. Continue reading to find out what surgeries women turned to last year.
Top Cosmetic Surgeries Among Women
Of the over 1.5 million cosmetic surgeries performed in 2010, nearly 1.4 million of those procedures were performed on women.
Here are the top 5 cosmetic surgeries women turned to in 2010:
- Breast augmentation: Women with smaller or unevenly-sized breasts often look to breast augmentation as a means to a fuller or better-proportioned chest. Silicone or saline implants are placed behind the breast to achieve the patient’s desired size and look.
- Nose reshaping: Nose reshaping or “rhinoplasty” is used to correct or enhance a nose that appears too large on the face, has a bump on the nasal bridge, seems too wide or appears crooked. For many, this procedure can mean the difference between the nose they have and the nose they have always wanted.
- Liposuction: Liposuction is a procedure where excess, unwanted fat is removed from the body using a suction tool. Common liposuction areas include the abdomen, thighs and buttocks.
- Eyelid surgery: Eyelid surgery or “blepharoplasty” is used to enhance the appearance of drooping or sagging eyelids by tightening muscles and tissue or removing excess fat and skin. This procedure can provide a younger, more refreshed appearance.
- Tummy tuck: Patients with a loose or sagging abdomen often look to a tummy tuck as the answer. This procedure attempts to achieve a smoother, firmer abdomen by removing excess fat and skin.
Considering Cosmetic Surgery?
Now that you know the most popular Plastic Surgery options among women, contact us for more information and find out whether you’re a candidate for any of these procedures. We have offices in Pearl River, NY and Montvale, NJ, and you can book your appointment at (845) 842-1258. Call today!
Stock images of models are used throughout this website and should not be interpreted as actual patients of our practice. Individual results may vary.