What Bothers You? Top 5 Cosmetic Concerns Among Women
Posted November 26, 2019 in Plastic Surgery News, by Dr. Fiorillo
It doesn’t matter who you are. Every woman, at some point, has been bugged by one cosmetic concern or another. And, it doesn’t matter how old you are. These little beauty annoyances can happen at any age. As a plastic surgeon, I can tell you firsthand that so many women share the exact same issues and challenges.
So, to show you that you’re not alone, here is our list of the top 5 cosmetic concerns among women and a few ways that plastic surgery can help.
- My wrinkles make me look old. Wrinkles are often the number one concern among women by far. Not only can they make us look old, but they can make us feel old as well. Thankfully, cosmetic treatment has a long tradition of combating the appearance of wrinkles. The most popular way to address facial creases is definitely with injections like BOTOX ® and fillers like Restylane®. BOTOX, is essentially a muscle relaxer that works to prevent creases. Fillers “fill in” creases and add volume to the face.
- My eyes look tired. Our eyes can say a lot about us. What are yours saying about you? If drooping and sagging eyelids are aging you prematurely, a procedure called Blepharoplasty can often be the solution. Blepharoplasty — also knows as an eyelid lift—is a procedure where we remove excess fat, skin and muscle from the upper and lower eyelids. The result is a fresher, more rejuvenated appearance.
- My lips are thin and flat. In our society, full, beautiful lips are associated with health, beauty and youth. As we age, the lips can naturally become thin and lose shape. When that happens, many patients choose a lip enhancement procedure — either surgical or non-surgical. The most popular filler for lip enhancement is Restylane®, which can plump the lips temporarily. For a more permanent option, other women choose lip implants.
- My skin has seen better days. Our skin is the part of us the whole world sees. Unfortunately, that also means it takes the most beatings. Thankfully, there are a host of cosmetic treatments available to freshen up the skin. One of the oldest and most effective is a chemical peel. During the procedure, we remove the damaged outer layers of skin to smooth texture, reduce scarring and much more.
- I can’t get rid of stubborn fat. While diet and exercise may be enough for some women, for others that’s simply not the case. For those with stubborn, exercise-resistant fat, liposuction is often a great option. During the procedure, fat can be permanently removed from the thighs, midsection and many other parts of the body.
Explore Plastic Surgery Today
To learn more about your plastic surgery options, we encourage you to contact us today. Our offices are in Montvale, NJ, Pearl River, NY and SOHO, NYC. Schedule an initial consultation at (845) 842-1258. We look forward to meeting you.
Stock images of models are used throughout this website and should not be interpreted as actual patients of our practice. Individual results may vary.