Signs And Symptoms Of Rosacea
Posted March 23, 2021 in Plastic Surgery News, by Dr. Fiorillo
Rosacea is a skin condition that may not have an impact on the physical functioning of an individual but it has great emotional consequences. Individuals that first begin to experience Rosacea may not realize what they have and coming to that diagnosis can help them cope.
Rosacea is often characterized by the following signs and symptoms:
- Blushing – often this condition begins with facial flushing on a frequent basis. Individuals may not recognize at that point what they are experiencing.
- Rash-like redness – once Rosacea progresses, redness that is often described as resembling a rash or sunburn occurs. It may flare up and also have periods of dormancy once it reaches this stage.
- Raised bumps – as Rosacea worsens, raised bumps and pimples that persist are common.
- Blood vessels – blood vessels may be visible on the face that were never visible previously.
- Stinging of the skin – the skin may become dry and start to sting.
- Swelling – the face may swell during a flare up of Rosacea.
Individuals experiencing any of the above may be suffering from Rosacea, and there are treatments available that can be beneficial, even if there is no cure.
To discuss possible treatments for your Rosacea, please contact us.
Stock images of models are used throughout this website and should not be interpreted as actual patients of our practice. Individual results may vary.