Posted March 30, 2011 in Plastic Surgery News
It is often assumed that women are the only ones that choose to go under the knife to improve their appearance. New reports demonstrate that men are becoming more interested in cosmetic procedures. This trend is in part responsible for the recent plastic surgery boom. Men are choosing to try a variety of different procedures. These are listed below, along with the increase in the number of men opting for them in 2010.
1. Facelift – 14% increase
2. Ear Surgery (Otoplasty) – 11% increase
3. Soft Tissue Fillers – 10% Increase
4. Botulinum Toxin Type A – 9% increase
5. Liposuction — 7% increase
6. Breast Reduction in Men – 6% increase
7. Eyelid Surgery – 4% increase
8. Dermabrasion – 4% increase
9. Laser Hair Removal – 4% increase
10. Laser Treatment of Leg Veins – 4% increase
It has been indicated that the main demographic responsible for this increase is male baby boomers. Many want to continue to compete in the job market against younger individuals. They also want to look as good as they feel on the inside.
If you're a man contemplating plastic surgery and want to discuss procedures further, please contact us.
Stock images of models are used throughout this website and should not be interpreted as actual patients of our practice. Individual results may vary.
Life is meant to be lived fully and enjoyed thoroughly. The skilled plastic surgeons and aesthetic professionals at Advanced Plastic Surgery & Medspa are here to help you protect and maximize your beauty for a lifetime, so you can make the most of each moment. Schedule your consultation today.