Posted October 20, 2010 in Plastic Surgery Tips
The good news about having scheduled plastic surgery as opposed to an emergency surgical procedure is that you know it's coming. That means, there is the opportunity to plan ahead and make sure that you have made arrangements to ensure that your recovery goes as smoothly as possible. Here are some tips to help you in your preparation:
1. Understand what's involved by talking to your doctor – understand the recovery times, different limitations during the various stages of recovery and potential complications that can take place. Knowing how long you'll be off your feet and your expected level of mobility can help ensure you have the help you need to get through it.
2. Make a list of tasks for during recovery – make a list of everything you feel needs to get done and prioritize them. Ensure that you have help for the necessities lined up. For example, grocery shopping which can't wait or help to deal with children or family pets. As you get further in the recovery, begin incorporating the light tasks you can do yourself, but having the list will ensure you don't overdo it!
3. Line up help – once you have the task list, ask friends and family members when they may be able to lend a hand. Most will be happy to help you out if you ask!
4. Take on new tasks at home – you don't need to allow life to stop. If you're used to having responsibilities in the house, trade them off with another member of the family. You can take on bill paying instead of vacuuming or fold the clothes instead of doing the laundry.
5. Line up entertainment – make sure you have lots of movies, books and anything else you enjoy for entertainment while you're off your feet. Even considering inviting a few friends over for pizza, popcorn and a movie so you don't need to overdo it by going out but can still hang on to some of your social life!
Stock images of models are used throughout this website and should not be interpreted as actual patients of our practice. Individual results may vary.
Life is meant to be lived fully and enjoyed thoroughly. The skilled plastic surgeons and aesthetic professionals at Advanced Plastic Surgery & Medspa are here to help you protect and maximize your beauty for a lifetime, so you can make the most of each moment. Schedule your consultation today.