5 Questions To Ask Your Doctor Before A Breast Augmentation
Posted January 29, 2019 in Breast Implants, by Dr. Fiorillo
For women with small or disproportionate breasts, a breast augmentation can often be a welcome solution. One of the most common procedures to date, breast surgery is also one that takes a great deal of mental and emotional preparation on the part of the patient. And, because we know that the best patients are informed patients, we thought we would take a moment to list some of the most important questions to ask before your breast augmentation procedure. Looking for a few tips?
Here is our list of the 5 Questions to Ask Before a Breast Augmentation:
- What kinds of results can I expect? When it comes to breast augmentation, the most satisfied patients are usually the ones who went into the procedure with realistic expectations. Make sure your surgeon gives you a clear picture of the potential benefits – and risks – of your procedure.
- What type of implants are right for me? Not sure which implant type you should choose? You don’t have to make that decision alone. Taking into consideration your unique medical needs and cosmetic goals, your surgeon will help you choose between silicone or saline, round or shaped, and any other choices you may be facing.
- Can I combine breast augmentation with other procedures? Very often, women will combine their breast augmentation with a complementary procedure. For instance, those suffering from sagging breasts will also often opt for a breast lift procedure.
- Can I see some before and after photos? Always ask to see breast augmentation before and after photos before your procedure. While it’s no guarantee of what your results will be, it can give you a good idea of the type of work your surgeon is capable of.
- Are you board certified? This is perhaps the most important question of them all. While almost any doctor can call himself a “cosmetic surgeon,” to ensure the best care possible, make sure you’re consulting with a board certified plastic surgeon. This means your doctor has demonstrated knowledge and experience above and beyond ordinary medical school.
Breast Implants NY
To find out more about breast augmentation or any of the plastic surgery procedures we offer, we invite you to explore our site.
Or, to schedule a plastic surgery consultation, contact us today. We have locations in Montvale, NJ, Pearl River, NY and SOHO, NYC, and you can reach us directly at (845) 842-1258. We look forward to hearing from you.
Stock images of models are used throughout this website and should not be interpreted as actual patients of our practice. Individual results may vary.