Dr. Fiorillo Does Expert Breast Reduction in Pearl River, NY
Many women with large breasts endure various physical discomforts such as back pain, breathing problems, and poor posture. Very often, they are also unhappy with their appearance. These women may benefit from breast reduction surgery.
Along with physical pain and symptoms, being large breasted may draw unwanted attention and can affect a woman’s self-esteem, making her uncomfortable with her appearance. Breast reduction can assist these women in gaining confidence while enjoying a renewed self-image by creating a body contour they can be proud of.
Breast reduction surgery is typically covered by insurance, and we accept most major insurance plans. We also offer financing to accommodate your needs.
- Over 20 years of experience in breast and body procedures
- Over 13,000 breast and body surgeries performed
- Complex revision surgery expert often called upon to correct prior/botched surgeries
- Trained in Sweden on the latest gummy bear implants techniques
- Trusted by the creators of gummy bear implants to teach other plastic surgeons
- Trains other surgeons to perform Dysport®, Perlane®, RADIESSE®, and breast augmentation with Sientra® and gummy bear breast implants
What can a breast reduction specialist do for me?
A breast reduction procedure removes fat and glandular tissue from the breast while tightening skin to produce smaller breasts that are more comfortable and in healthier proportion to the rest of the body.
Dr. Fiorillo is an expert breast reduction surgeon in Pearl River, NY, and will meet with you to discuss your goals and expectations as well as to educate you on the details of your chosen procedure. This consultation time is important for ensuring patients have the precise results they desire. Each procedure is customized specifically for the individual patient.
*Results may vary
Am I a good candidate for breast reduction surgery?
The ideal candidate for reduction surgery is a woman with oversized breasts that are causing medical problems, emotional problems (low self esteem), physical discomfort (back pain, poor posture), social discomfort (unwanted attention), and/or just being frustrated with the size of their breasts. Anyone getting this procedure should not be pregnant or breastfeeding. You have to understand the importance of the details and risks involved with this procedure and have realistic expectations in order to be satisfied with the results.
Is breast reduction covered by insurance?
Often, breast reduction surgery is covered by insurance. For your convenience, Dr. Fiorillo accepts most major insurance carriers including Americhoice, Cigna, Empire, Fidelis, Horizon, Oxford, Magnacare, Medicare, and United. We also offer financing via Care Connect.
How is the procedure performed?
Breast reduction surgery takes about two to four hours depending on the technique and the specifics of the patient’s case. It is performed under general anesthesia. There are several different types of incisions used for this procedure. During your exam and consult, Dr. Fiorillo will determine the best type for your specific situation.
- Traditional Breast Reduction Surgery – This technique is ideal for women with extremely large breasts, and scarring is often more apparent. Skin, fat, and tissue are removed from the lower breast through an anchor-shaped incision. The nipples and areolas are usually repositioned as well.
- Vertical Incision Breast Reduction – This technique involves incisions extending around the areolas and down to the breast crease for a lollipop shape. It is also known as short-scar. Vertical incisions are ideal for women with moderately large breasts.
- Scarless Breast Reduction – This technique uses liposuction to reduce the size of the breast, leaving little to no scarring. Liposuction only removes fatty tissue, so it is beneficial for patients who have more fatty tissue than glandular tissue. It is commonly used on men who have enlarged breasts.
What is the recovery from a breast reduction like?
Patients are likely to experience soreness, swelling, and bruising for several days after the procedure. After two days, bandages will be removed and replaced with a surgical bra. Physical activity should be limited for up to two weeks, and exercise and strenuous activities should be avoided for approximately four weeks.
In two to three weeks from the surgery, patients will return to Dr. Fiorillo to have stitches removed. At this point, most patients are able to return to work and other regular activities. It is important to follow up with Dr. Fiorillo, to ensure that your breasts are healing properly.
The results are noticeable immediately after the surgery, and they will continue to improve as bruising and swelling subside. Scars fade in time and can be hidden when wearing a bra, bathing suit, or low-cut top.
What are the possible risks of a breast reduction?
Breast reduction surgery is considered for most patients, but there are risks, as there are with any surgical procedure. These may include loss of sensation, scarring, asymmetry and the usual risks associated with surgery, such as infection, bleeding, and reactions to anesthesia. But most patients undergo the procedure with no serious complications.
When you have your consultation with Dr. Fiorillo, he will discuss all the details including the risks, as well as provide pre-op and post-op care instructions. If you follow the instructions properly, you will significantly reduce the risks.
Dr. Fiorillo has great expertise in these procedures and will help you feel at ease with your decision. He is the leading surgeon in breast reduction in Pearl River, NY, so rest assured you are in good hands.
View More Testimonials
“I (would) like to thank you all for your kindness and support through my procedure. I truly appreciate it. A special thank you to Vicki for being by my side through the whole journey, and of course to Dr. Fiorillo who made this all happen. I’m extremely pleased with the results. Thank you all again!!!”R.C.
Get In Touch
Our friendly knowledgeable staff is here to help you feel comfortable and confident at all times. Please feel free to call us or fill out the contact form below, and we will be happy to address all your questions and concerns.