Dr. Michael A. Fiorillo, MD
Our top priorities are safety, honesty and patient satisfaction, which we can achieve through individualized care and the most advanced, minimally invasive procedures available.
Thursday, April 25th, 2013
If you suffer from facial flushing or rosacea, you know how annoying it is that your face frequently feels hot and looks red. It’s not so much of a healthy flush as an embarrassed, fire-truck red, and it needs to go!
Your skincare regime can go a long way towards reducing redness – soothing products containing oatmeal, aloe Vera or licorice extract can all help to tone down redness and calm your skin. Avoid steaming your face or overly hot environments, and treat your skin gently when cleansing and removing makeup; try to avoid pulling at it. If your skin is irritated and sensitive, using a natural cleanser and aloe Vera gel to soothe it can help, as can taking an antihistamine.
You might not have considered plastic surgery for your rosacea, but NY surgeons can help! Laser treatment has been shown to heal and strengthen broken capillaries and spider veins, greatly reducing redness with just a few treatments. In many cases, the results are noticeable after the first session.
Spicy foods, hot drinks, caffeine and alcohol are the worst offenders when it comes to facial redness.This isn’t to say that you need to cut these out of your diet entirely, but try to limit them to once a week or so. In some people, salty or fatty food can also cause flare ups. Plenty of water and a diet containing fresh fruit and vegetables will help to minimize redness.
Facial flushing can be more than embarrassing, it can knock your confidence and make you feel down. But with a combination of diet, skincare and laser treatment, you can soon be on the path back to beautiful skin!
Monday, September 17th, 2012
When we’re young, we don’t think about our skin much – when we’re older, it’s a totally different story. And, just like anything else, our skin is affected by the natural aging process. Television network, Discovery Fit & Health, explored this subject in a recent article called, 5 Ways Your Skin Changes as You Age. And, as the article points out, “No matter how careful you might be, the effects of aging always take an inevitable toll.” Want to know what to watch out for?
Borrowing from Discovery’s list, here are 5 skin changes you can expect, along with a few ways plastic surgery can help:
Want to find out what cosmetic surgery can do for you? Take a look around our site at Cosmetic Surgery NYC.
Or, if you’re ready to schedule a consultation, contact us at 845-623-6141. We have locations in Montvale, NJ, Pearl River, NY and SOHO, NYC – call today!
Tuesday, August 28th, 2012
As summer winds to a close, we’ll soon see the telltale signs of fall – changing leaves, cooler weather, the kids going off to school. One of the busiest times of year, fall is also the season where good skincare matters more than ever. Online beauty destination, Real Beauty, points this out, sharing a few tips to keep your skin looking its very best during these shorter days and colder nights.
Borrowing from Real Beauty, here are 5 ways to make sure your skin is “fall ready,” along with our thoughts on the matter:
- “Take it easy.” Has summer sun and surf left your skin looking dry, flaky and damaged? It’s time to take care of yourself! “Before the mercury drops anymore, start treating yourself to a weekly, hydrating facial,” recommends Real Beauty. Your skin will definitely appreciate it, especially when the cold, dry winds of fall are in full force!
- “Don’t scrimp on sunscreen.” Sunscreen isn’t just for summertime! Make sure you’re still using a high-quality sunscreen of at least 30 SPF. It’s a surefire way to help your chances against skin cancer – not to mention, facial wrinkles and premature aging.
- “Exfoliate.” “Want to hold on to those last remnants of your summer tan?” asks Real Beauty. “Think again.” Exfoliating not only feels great, but it can help prevent clogged pores. And, if you’re looking for an extra boost this season, take another look at laser skin resurfacing. This procedure uses light energy to rejuvenate the skin and achieve a more youthful appearance.
- “Tend to your body.” Just because you’ll be more covered up this season, be sure you’re not neglecting your body. “For a 360-degree approach to fall skin prep,” suggests Real Beauty, “opt for cream-based lip balms and slather up daily with body lotions enriched with hydrating ingredients like glycerin and Vitamin E.”
- “Attack acne.” “Seasonal shifts trigger stress symptoms in the body, leading to … even more breakouts than usual,” explains Real Beauty. Acne scarring your problem? Find out how we can help today!
Take care of yourself this season! To learn more about these or any of the procedures we offer, take a look around our site at Plastic Surgeon NYC.
If you’re ready to come in for a consultation, contact us today and find out what cosmetic treatment can do for you. We have locations in Montvale, NJ, Pearl River, NY and SOHO, NYC. Call our offices directly at 845-623-6141. We look forward to meeting you soon.
Thursday, June 28th, 2012
Let’s face it, we’re all guilty of one bad habit or another — procrastinating, knuckle cracking, leaving dishes in the sink, etc. But, is that where it ends for you? Or – like most of us – are you also guilty of a few bad skin habits as well? Allure magazine recently featured an interesting article entitled, “17 Bad Skin Habits.” This must-read features the top “skin sins to leave behind.”
Borrowing from that list, here are a few habits you should start thinking about breaking today:
Clearly, our bad skin habits can affect not only our health, but how we look as well. If you’re already seeing some signs of damage, don’t panic. Cosmetic medicine offers a few solutions.
When it comes to wrinkles and sun damage, there are several treatments available. For creases such as crow’s feet and frown lines, many patients will choose BOTOX®. This minimally-invasive treatment works essentially as a muscle relaxer, preventing lines from forming. If sun damage is your main concern, Laser Skin Resurfacing can often be the answer. Besides sun damage, laser treatments can often reduce the appearance of lines, acne scars and skin blotchiness.
If skin sagging is your main concern, Facelift Surgery might be right for you. During a facelift procedure, we tighten underlying facial muscles and redrape the skin around the neck and face. For many patients, the procedure can take years off their appearance.
To learn more about these or any of the skin treatments we offer, take a look around our website: Plastic Surgeon NYC.
When you’re ready to come in for a consultation, contact us at 845-623-6141. We look forward to meeting you.