As a plastic surgeon in NYC, I’m no stranger to questions from patients. And, there are few topics more popular than liposuction. Though a powerful and time-tested treatment for stubborn, exercise resistant fat, not everyone knows what liposuction is really all about. So, we thought we would take moment to clear a few things up! Want to know what other patients are asking?
Here is our list of Today’s Top 5 Liposuctions Questions:
- Can liposuction help me lose weight? It’s important to understand that liposuction is not a weight loss procedure. Rather, it aims to combat the cosmetic issues associated with stubborn exercise-resistant fat. In the end, the goal is really about achieving a slimmer, trimmer figure.
- What is the liposuction procedure like? Also known as “lipoplasty,” liposuction works to sculpt and recontour the body by removing unwanted, exercise-resistant fat. During the procedure, we pass a small tube through tiny incisions and effectively break up and suction away fat.
- What areas of the body can a liposuction procedure treat? Generally speaking, liposuction can be used on nearly any area of unwanted, localized fat. Common sites, however, include the thighs, waist, neck, arms, back and more.
- How long does liposuction last? While individual results will vary, the results of liposuction may often be permanent as long as the patient maintains an active, healthy lifestyle. If substantial weight is gained after this procedure, results may be altered.
- Is liposuction right for me? The best way to find out if liposuction is right for you is to schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon. During your first appointment, we will discuss the procedure at length, potential risks and benefits and you can have all your remaining questions answered.
Plastic Surgeon NYC
To learn more about liposuction or any of the procedures we offer, take a look around our site at Plastic Surgeon NYC.
If you’re ready to come in for a consultation, contact us today and find out what plastic surgery can do for you. We have locations in Montvale, NJ, Pearl River, NY and SOHO, NYC. Call our offices directly at 866-537-0954. We look forward to meeting you soon.
It is often said that “a journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.” So, when a patient is looking to explore plastic surgery for the first time, what might that step be? The answer is simple: schedule a plastic surgery consultation. A consultation is a time for you to meet with a doctor, find out if plastic surgery is for you and most importantly, a time to have your questions answered.
Far too many patients, however, put off scheduling their consultation because they aren’t sure if they’ll ask the right questions. Ready to get over the hump?
Here are 5 Questions Every Patient Needs to Ask Their Surgeon:
- Which procedure is right for me? You don’t need to have a single, specific procedure in mind before your plastic surgery consultation. All you need to know is what bothers you about your appearance. Whether it’s forehead wrinkles, sagging breasts or a droopy neck, you and your surgeon will work together to come up with the treatment plan that’s right for you.
- What kind of results can I realistically expect? Which patients have the highest satisfaction after a plastic surgery procedure? The ones who had realistic and specific expectations! A good plastic surgeon will use your consultation to help you set reasonable goals, ensuring you won’t be disappointed afterward.
- Are you board certified? This is perhaps the most important question of them all. For a doctor to call himself a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, he must be officially recognized by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. This means that he has demonstrated knowledge and experience above and beyond regular medical school. So, in short, always ask for credentials – it’s your right.
- Are there risks associated with this procedure? Every plastic surgery procedures carries some risk. While most patients walk away complication-free, part of being an “informed patient” is knowing the possible risks.
- Do you have any before & after photos I can look at? Plastic surgery before and after photos are a great way to see your doctor’s previous work. While it won’t be a guarantee of your own results, it can give you a good idea of what to expect.
Start Your Plastic Surgery Journey Today
To find out more about what plastic surgery can do for you, take a look around our website: Plastic Surgery NYC.
If you’re ready to start your plastic surgery journey, contact us today and schedule a consultation. We have locations in Montvale, NJ, Pearl River, NY and SOHO, NYC. Call us at 866-537-0954. We look forward to meeting you.
Exploring plastic surgery can be one of the most exciting times in a person’s life. It can also be one of the most overwhelming. While your decision will ultimately be a personal one, there are certain steps you can take to have your questions answered and put your mind at ease. In the end, it’s all about becoming a more aware, informed patient.
Considering plastic surgery? Here are 3 things you need to be doing:
- Do your research. An informed plastic surgery patient is a better plastic surgery patient. Read up on the procedure you’re interested in – the risks, the benefits and what you can realistically expect in terms of results. For instance, if you’re interested in Tummy Tuck Surgery, take a look at Tummy Tuck Before and After Photos. While they won’t be a guarantee of your results, it can give you a baseline of what to expect.
- Examine your motives. Make sure you’re choosing plastic surgery for the right reasons. Make sure you’re choosing plastic surgery for you. According to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, surgical candidates should have, “A good self-image, but a concern about a bothersome feature or a moderately diminished self-image due to the cosmetic defect.” Moreover, the patient should have, “Realistic expectations of the effect surgery will have on quality of life/lifestyle/relationships.” Plastic surgery will not fix every problem in your life. It can, however, deeply change the way you feel about yourself.
- Consult with a board-certified plastic surgeon. When you are ready to speak with a doctor, make sure you’re consulting with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. What does board certified mean? It means that the doctor you’re dealing with has been officially recognized by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. He or she has demonstrated experience and knowledge above and beyond regular medical training. (See our post on “White Coat Deception.”)
Plastic Surgery NY and NJ
Want to learn more about procedures like breast augmentation, liposuction and BOTOX®? Take a look around our website: Plastic Surgery NY. If you’re ready to take the next step, contact us today and schedule a consultation. We have offices in Montvale, NJ, Pearl River, NY and SOHO, NYC. Call us directly at 866-537-0954. We look forward to hearing from you.
You’ve lost the weight. You’re feeling good. But, you’re not happy with what the weight loss left behind. Perhaps it’s excess skin, sagging breasts or simply a case of exercise-resistant fat. Whatever the issue, take a moment to consider this: What’s the next step?
If you think cosmetic surgery might be right for you, take a look at these popular plastic surgeries after weight loss:
- Breast Lift: Like other parts of the body, the breasts can sag following weight loss. Breast Lift Surgery aims to correct this. During the procedure, we will trim excess skin and tighten supporting tissues to achieve an uplifted, youthful contour. A breast lift is also a common component of a “mommy makeover.”
- Body Lift: In cases of extreme weight loss, Body Lift Surgery is a common cosmetic solution. The goal is to remove excess skin from the torso and upper legs. During the procedure, the skin is lifted, muscles are tightened and fat is removed where necessary. Although this is an extensive procedure, many patients find it well worth their while.
- Liposuction: While diet and exercise might be enough for some, others find that they are suffering from persistent, exercise-resistant fat. In these cases, liposuction can often be the best option. The procedure uses a special suction tool to permanently remove fat from the abdomen, thighs and many other sites on the body. Following weight loss, liposuction can be that little boost to help achieve your cosmetic results.
Explore Plastic Surgery Today
To learn more about these or any other procedures we offer, Contact Us today and schedule a consultation. We have locations in Montvale, NJ, Pearl River, NY and SOHO, NYC. Schedule your Plastic Surgery Consultation at 866-537-0954. We look forward to meeting you.
Let’s face it — your skin is the part of you that the whole world sees. As the body’s largest, most visible organ, your skin can certainly say a lot about you. Is yours saying the right thing?
As a plastic surgeon, I can tell you firsthand that some of the top cosmetic concerns among patients are pertaining to their skin. Thankfully, modern medicine offers a myriad of treatments — both surgical and nonsurgical — that can combat even the most pressing skin concern. Want to find out what other patients are doing about it?
Here is our list of the Top Skin Issues Among Patients:
- Wrinkles on the face: Facial wrinkles are the most common cosmetic skin concern by far. Not only do they make us look old, but they can make us feel old. And, when it comes to wrinkle treatments, patients are looking for less-invasive options such as BOTOX® and fillers. BOTOX is essentially a muscle relaxer that works to prevent creases, while fillers like Restylane® “fill in” the spaces of creases.
- Drooping skin around midsection: Whether you’ve lost a great deal of weight, had a child or are simply dealing with the effects of aging, sagging skin around the midsection can be a problem. Thankfully, a tummy tuck can often be the answer. Tummy Tuck Surgery, also known as abdominoplasty, is a procedure aimed at flattening and shaping the abdomen and waist by removing excess fat and skin and tightening muscles.
- “Turkey neck”: As we age, the skin can sag and droop, creating what has come to be known as a “turkey neck.” Often, Necklift Surgery can combat this by smoothing and tightening the skin on the neck. The goal is a toned, more youthful appearance.
- Brown spots: Brown spots are one of the biggest red flags when it comes to premature aging. Usually due to years of sun exposure, brown spots can cause a great deal of grief. Often, however, we can treat the appearance of brown spots with microdermabrasion. Microdermabrasion — also known as microderm — uses a stream of fine particles to exfoliate the skin and rejuvenate the appearance.
Skin Treatments in New York
Achieve the skin of your dreams! To learn more about these or any of the skin treatments we offer, contact us today. We have locations in Montvale, NJ, Pearl River, NY and SOHO, NYC. Schedule your consultation at 866-537-0954. We look forward to meeting you.