For most people, cosmetic surgery is a big step, which is why it is important to be fully prepared before you go under the knife. If you are having plastic surgery for the first time, you need to ensure you take the time to discuss issues and ask questions when you see your cosmetic surgeon. You should go into any type of plastic surgery with both eyes open with regards to both the benefits and the risks.
Meeting your cosmetic surgeon for the first time is your opportunity to ask questions and discuss the finer details. While you can look up information online, it is vital to discuss your own individual case with the surgeon you are planning to use. You should never be worried about asking lots of questions, as this is what a cosmetic surgeon will expect.
Some of the things to discuss
There are a number of things that you will want to discuss with your plastic surgeon at your initial consultation. Some of the areas you may want to talk about include:
- What the actual procedure involves
- What you can expect in terms of end result
- How long the process will take
- Whether you will have to stay in hospital and if so how long for
- What sort of recovery time you are looking at
- What you can and cannot do whilst recovering
- How much the procedure will cost and what the payment options are
It is always a good idea to jot down questions as you think of them prior to your appointment, and then take a list of questions or points to discuss along with you. This will help to ensure you don’t forget anything important at your initial consultation.