As a plastic surgeon, I’m no stranger to breast augmentation questions! A trusted and effective way to achieve a fuller, more proportionate bustline, breast augmentation has grown to become one of the top cosmetic procedures in the US. As such, it’s a procedure that tends to raise a lot of questions! Want to find out what other women are asking?
Here is our list of the Top 5 Breast Augmentation Questions:
- What can breast augmentation do for me? Breast augmentation — also known as breast enhancement — gives women with small or unevenly-sized breasts a fuller, firmer, more-proportional bustline through the placement of implants in the breast. Women choose the procedure for different reasons, some with strictly aesthetic motivations and others who are looking to compensate for reduced breast mass following pregnancy or surgery.
- What are the different types of breast implants? Generally speaking, patients will choose between saline-filled or silicone implants. Both types are safe, and each offers its own advantages. If you’re concerned about having to choose, understand that your doctor will help you decide which kind is right for you. Our practice is also proud to offer the newly FDA-approved “Gummy Bear Breast Implants.”
- What is the breast augmentation procedure like? A breast augmentation procedure is performed under general anesthesia and generally takes one to two hours. In an attempt to minimize scarring, incisions are made in inconspicuous places on the breast. During the procedure, the implants will be placed behind each breast, underneath either the breast tissue or the chest wall muscle, itself.
- How can I find a top plastic surgeon in NY or NJ? One of the best ways to ensure the best care possible is to make sure you’re dealing with a board certified plastic surgeon. This means your doctor has demonstrated knowledge and experience above and beyond general medical school. Also, be sure to ask for before and after photos of previous work.
- Am I a good candidate for breast augmentation surgery? The only way to find out if you’re a good candidate for breast augmentation is to schedule a plastic surgery consultation. This is your opportunity to ask questions and address any concerns you may be experiencing.
Breast Implants NY
To find out more about breast augmentation or any of the plastic surgery procedures we offer, we invite you to explore our site: Breast Implants NY.
Or, to schedule a plastic surgery consultation, contact us today. We have locations in Montvale, NJ, Pearl River, NY and SOHO, NYC, and you can reach us directly at (866) 971-7705. We look forward to hearing from you.