In today”s world, plastic surgery is being embraced by both men and women alike. Gone are the days when cosmetic procedures were only for female patients, and more and more, powerful treatments like BOTOX®, fillers and liposuction are becoming “standard practice” among a growing number of men. Now, when a male patient comes in for a consultation, there are, of course, unique needs that need to be addressed. Not only do men have different skin than women, men often have different cosmetic goals. Want to know what other men are talking about?
Here is our list of today”s Top Skin Concerns Among Men:
- “I”m starting to develop wrinkles.” Whether you’re a man or a woman, starting to see signs of premature aging can be a problem. Thankfully, plastic surgery offers a host of minimally-invasive wrinkle treatments. The most popular by far would be BOTOX®. Essentially a muscle relaxer, this highly purified protein combats the appearance of crow’s feet, horizontal lines across the forehead and much more. And, while not a permanent solution, the results of BOTOX will often last up to several months.
- “I look tired.” As we age, facial skin – especially the eyelids – can droop and sag, making us look older and more tired than we really feel. And, for those looking to “wake up” their looks, an eyelid lift can often be the best bet. Technically known as “blepharoplasty,” an eyelid lift procedure removes excess fat, skin and muscle from the upper and lower eyelids to achieve a fresher, more youthful appearance.
- “My chest has lost definition.” When we’re young, it’s easier to stay fit and trim without much effort. Over time, however, men can start to see stubborn flabbiness in the chest and midsection. And, those looking to do something about it will often choose liposuction. Permanently removing unwanted, exercise-resistant fat, liposuction can be used to treat the back, legs, chest, abdomen and more.
- “My skin is rough and uneven.” As we age, even our resilient male skin can start to appear uneven, rough and discolored. And, one of the best ways to deal with this is with a chemical peel. Varying in strengths, peels remove the damaged outer layers of the skin, to achieve a smoother, more consistent skin tone.
- “I want my results to look natural.” Men today understand that maintaining a fresh, youthful appearance can give them an edge in today’s competitive job market. That being said, men want to look younger without compromising their natural, masculine features. As a male plastic surgeon, I understand the unique needs and goals of men. And, we maintain a more conservative approach when using fillers like Juvéderm® or Restylane®. The goal is to make you look better without looking as though any work has been done at all.
Plastic Surgeon NYC
To learn more about these or any of the procedures we offer, take a look around our site at Plastic Surgeon NYC.
If you’re ready to come in for a consultation, contact us today and find out what plastic surgery can do for you. We have locations in Montvale, NJ, Pearl River, NY and SOHO, NYC. Call our offices directly at (866) 971-7705. We look forward to meeting you soon.