We all know that when it comes to dealing with stubborn, exercise-resistant fat, liposuction is the go-to solution – but did you know it’s also the number-one cosmetic surgery overall? That fact coming directly from a report by the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS), liposuction beats out tummy tucks, eyelid lifts and even breast augmentation surgery! So, just how many patients choose lipo each year? According to the ASAPS, there were over 325,000 liposuction procedures performed in 2011 – a number that shows significant growth. Compared to the 2010 numbers, liposuction grew in popularity by over 12% in one year alone!
Even more interesting is how liposuction has been embraced by men and women alike! According to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, men accounted for a full 11% of all liposuction procedures performed in 2011!
Top 5 Plastic Surgery Procedures
So, now that we know who took the lead, we thought we would share the remaining top procedures in the US!
Here are the Top 5 Cosmetic Surgical Procedures in the US, based on recent ASAPS data:
- Liposuction: As we know, liposuction came in at number-one. An effective and time-tested way to remove undesired fat, liposuction is used for the thighs, midsection, back, arms and more.
- Breast Augmentation: For women with a small or disproportionate bustline, breast augmentation surgery can often be the best solution. Using a silicone or saline implant, we can increase breast size and fullness.
- Tummy Tuck: Tummy tuck surgery is popular among men and women alike. Whether combating the effects of pregnancy, extreme weight loss or the natural aging process, a tummy tuck can effectively achieve a slimmer, trimmer waistline.
- Eyelid Surgery: An eyelid lift is a common procedure aimed at combating the appearance of tired, drooping eyelids. The procedure removes excess fat, skin and muscle from the upper and lower eyelids, working to achieve a fresher, more youthful appearance.
- Breast Lift: Like other parts of the body, the breasts can droop with age. A breast lift aims to correct this. During the procedure, we will trim excess skin and tighten supporting tissues to achieve an uplifted, more youthful contour.
Plastic Surgery NY
To learn more about what these procedures can do for you, take a look around our site at Plastic Surgery NY.
If you’re ready to come in for a consultation, contact us today and find out what plastic surgery can do for you. We have locations in Montvale, NJ, Pearl River, NY and SOHO, NYC. Call our offices directly at (866) 971-7705. We look forward to meeting you soon.