By now, most patients have heard of CoolSculpting®, but not everyone knows the whole story! The subject of countless news articles and television segments, what really sets this cutting-edge treatment apart? The answer lies in CoolSculpting’s innovative, non-invasive approach to tackling stubborn, exercise-resistant fat. Here’s a brief introduction.
In the past, when patients were dealing with unwanted fat in their midsection, thighs or back, the only real option was liposuction. And, while a highly effective procedure, many patients didn’t want to undergo surgery. Thankfully, plastic surgery today affords us an effective, non-invasive alternative: CoolSculpting. The procedure uses patented cooling technology to eliminate fat without needles or scalpels. Want to know more?
Here is our list of the Top 5 CoolSculpting Questions Answered:
- Can cooling fat really make it go away? Yes! Based on the scientific principle that fat is more sensitive to cold than the overlying skin, CoolSculpting reduces the temperature of fat cells in the treatment area. Triggering a natural biological process known as apoptosis, fat cells are eliminated from the body without causing scar tissue or damage to the skin, nerves or surrounding tissues.
- Is CoolSculpting painful? No. As CoolSculpting draws a bulge between the device’s cooling panels, most patients report simply a tugging and a cold sensation. These soon fade, and patients should not expect any discomfort throughout the procedure.
- What types of results can I expect? Every patient is different and can expect to see unique results. That being said, many see results as quickly as three weeks time. What’s more, the process continues to work quietly in the months that follow, enhancing your results as the body flushes away treated fat cells.
- How quickly can I return to my everyday activities? For most patients, the answer is immediately! Since this “lunchtime” procedure is completely non-invasive, many patients return to work immediately following their CoolSculpting session.
- How can I find out if CoolSculpting is right for me? If diet and exercise are still leaving you with stubborn, exercise-resistant fat, CoolSculpting may be right for you! The best way to find out if you’re a candidate is to schedule a consultation at our New York or New Jersey plastic surgery offices.
CoolSculpting in NY
To learn more about CoolSculpting or any of the cosmetic procedures we offer, take a look around our site at Plastic Surgery NY.
If you’re ready to come in for a consultation, contact us today! We have locations in Montvale, NJ, Pearl River, NY and SOHO, NYC, and you can call our offices directly at (866) 971-7705. We look forward to meeting you soon.