Let’s face it – appearance affects us at every age. And, there’s no age group more aware of this than the “baby boomer” generation. From age spots to wrinkles, growing older takes a toll not only on how we look, but how we look at ourselves. Thankfully, modern cosmetic treatment offers a host of solutions.
So, just how many baby boomers are seeking cosmetic treatment? According to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, there were over 3.4 million cosmetic procedures performed on patients 55 and older last year. What procedures are other baby boomers choosing?
Here is our list of the Top 5 “Baby Boomer” Skin Procedures:
- BOTOX®: BOTOX is the number-one cosmetic procedure among the baby-boomer generation. Essentially a muscle relaxer, BOTOX works to prevent facial creases, such as frown lines, smile lines, horizontal lines on the forehead and more. While not a permanent solution, the effects of BOTOX can often last up to several months.
- Fillers: Soft tissue fillers like JUVÉDERM® work better for facial creases that are deep and always visible. By adding volume to the face, we can “fill in” facial wrinkles and restore a more youthful shape to the face. For patients looking for an alternative to lip implants, certain injectables can also be used for minimally-invasive lip enhancement.
- Chemical Peels: As we age, our skin can become rough, uneven and sun damaged. Thankfully, a chemical peel can often be of help. These treatments work by removing the damaged outer layers of the skin, restoring a fresher, more youthful appearance. There are many different types of peels available and together, we can find the right one for you.
- Microdermabrasion: If your skin has seen better days, Microdermabrasion might be right for you. Using a gentle stream of fine particles, we can exfoliate the skin and produce a more youthful appearance. Among those 55 and up, there were over 219,000 microdermabrasion procedures performed in 2011 alone.
- Liposuction: When patients are faced with stubborn fat that hasn’t responded to exercise, liposuction can often be the answer. Using a suction tool, we can effectively and permanently remove fat from the thighs, midsection, love handles and more.
Plastic Surgery Consultation in New York
To find out more about these or any of the cosmetic treatments we offer, don’t hesitate to contact us today. We have locations in Montvale, NJ, Pearl River, NY and SOHO, NYC. Call us at (866) 971-7705. We look forward to meeting you.