It is often said that “a journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.” So, when a patient is looking to explore plastic surgery for the first time, what might that step be? The answer is simple: schedule a plastic surgery consultation. A consultation is a time for you to meet with a doctor, find out if plastic surgery is for you and most importantly, a time to have your questions answered.
Far too many patients, however, put off scheduling their consultation because they aren’t sure if they’ll ask the right questions. Ready to get over the hump?
Here are 5 Questions Every Patient Needs to Ask Their Surgeon:
- Which procedure is right for me? You don’t need to have a single, specific procedure in mind before your plastic surgery consultation. All you need to know is what bothers polder-you about your appearance. Whether it’s forehead wrinkles, sagging breasts or a droopy neck, you and your surgeon will work together to come up with the treatment plan that’s right for you.
- What kind of results can I realistically expect? Which patients have the highest satisfaction after a plastic surgery procedure? The ones who had realistic and specific expectations! A good plastic surgeon will use your consultation to help you set reasonable goals, ensuring you won’t be disappointed afterward.
- Are you board certified? This is perhaps the most important question of them all. For a doctor to call himself a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, he must be officially recognized by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. This means that he has demonstrated knowledge and experience above and beyond regular medical school. So, in short, always ask for credentials – it’s your right.
- Are there risks associated with this procedure? Every plastic surgery procedures carries some risk. While most patients walk away complication-free, part of being an “informed patient” is knowing the possible risks.
- Do you have any before & after photos I can look at? Plastic surgery before and after photos are a great way to see your doctor’s previous work. While it won’t be a guarantee of your own results, it can give you a good idea of what to expect.
Start Your Plastic Surgery Journey Today
To find out more about what plastic surgery can do for you, take a look around our website: Plastic Surgery NYC.
If you’re ready to start your plastic surgery journey, contact us today and schedule a consultation. We have locations in Montvale, NJ, Pearl River, NY and SOHO, NYC. Call us at (866) 971-7705. We look forward to meeting you.