Along with their data on the top surgical procedures in the US, the American Society for Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) released its report on the top 5 minimally-invasive procedures in 2011. With over 12 million minimally-invasive procedures performed in 2011, here are the most popular procedures based on this year’s ASPS data.
Top 5 Minimally-Invasive Cosmetic Procedures:
- Botulinum toxin type A: Botulinum toxin type A is a category of injectables that includes BOTOX® and Dysport®. In essence, BOTOX is a muscle relaxer that prevents facial creases such as “frown lines.”
- Soft tissue fillers: The category of dermal fillers includes JUVÉDERM® and Restylane®. These treatments aim to combat deep wrinkles by filling in the “valleys” of creases.
- Chemical peel: 1,110,464 Chemical Peel procedures were performed in 2011. This treatment works by removing the damaged outer layers of the skin to achieve a fresher, more youthful appearance.
- Laser hair removal: Laser Hair Removal aims to produce permanent hair reduction. This is often accomplished through a series of in-office laser treatments.
- Microdermabrasion: Microdermabrasion—or, Microderm—is a procedure used to smooth the texture of the skin, soften fine lines and more. During treatment, a gentle stream of fine particles is used to exfoliate the outer layer of skin.
The Growing Demand for Less-Invasive Treatment
In today’s world of cosmetic treatment, minimally-invasive procedures are on the rise. According to the most recent ASPS data, between 2010 and 2011, minimally-invasive cosmetic procedures saw a full 6% jump in popularity in one year alone. So, why are more patients seeking out non-surgical options? The answer is simple. First and foremost, patients are looking for less downtime and a more natural look. Instead of going under for lengthy surgical procedures, countless patients are choosing this relatively new category of natural “quicker fix” treatments. What we’re seeing is a lot of injectables such as BOTOX as well as many patients choosing Laser Treatments.
Schedule Your Cosmetic Consultation Today
If you’re considering a cosmetic procedure, contact us today for more information. We can work together to find the best course of treatment for you. We have offices in Montvale, NJ, Pearl River, NY and SOHO, NYC. Schedule your consultation at (866) 971-7705. We look forward to working with you.