As a plastic surgeon in NYC, I’m no stranger to questions from patients. And, there are few topics more popular than liposuction. Though a powerful and time-tested treatment for stubborn, exercise resistant fat, not everyone knows what liposuction is really all about. So, we thought we would take moment to clear a few things up! Want to know what other patients are asking?
Here is our list of Today’s Top 5 Liposuctions Questions:
- Can liposuction help me lose weight? It’s important to understand that liposuction is not a weight loss procedure. Rather, it aims to combat the cosmetic issues associated with stubborn exercise-resistant fat. In the end, the goal is really about achieving a slimmer, trimmer figure.
- What is the liposuction procedure like? Also known as “lipoplasty,” liposuction works to sculpt and recontour the body by removing unwanted, exercise-resistant fat. During the procedure, we pass a small tube through tiny incisions and effectively break up and suction away fat.
- What areas of the body can a liposuction procedure treat? Generally speaking, liposuction can be used on nearly any area of unwanted, localized fat. Common sites, however, include the thighs, waist, neck, arms, back and more.
- How long does liposuction last? While individual results will vary, the results of liposuction may often be permanent as long as the patient maintains an active, healthy lifestyle. If substantial weight is gained after this procedure, results may be altered.
- Is liposuction right for me? The best way to find out if liposuction is right for you is to schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon. During your first appointment, we will discuss the procedure at length, potential risks and benefits and you can have all your remaining questions answered.
Plastic Surgeon NYC
To learn more about liposuction or any of the procedures we offer, take a look around our site at Plastic Surgeon NYC.
If you’re ready to come in for a consultation, contact us today and find out what plastic surgery can do for you. We have locations in Montvale, NJ, Pearl River, NY and SOHO, NYC. Call our offices directly at (866) 971-7705. We look forward to meeting you soon.