Injectable treatments like BOTOX® and soft tissue fillers have quickly become the number-one category in the world of cosmetic treatment, hands down. The focus of countless magazine articles and TV specials, these treatments are sometimes misunderstood. Because we know that the best plastic surgery patients are informed patients, we thought we would take a few moments to debunk some of the most common myths and misunderstandings among patients. Want to know what injectables are really all about?
Here is our list of 5 Common Misconceptions About BOTOX® & Fillers:
- BOTOX® makes your face look frozen. The results of your BOTOX treatment will rely on your cosmetic goals and the experience level of your doctor. With that in mind, understand that if administered correctly – that is, conservatively – you can achieve a youthful and natural look.
- BOTOX and fillers are the same thing. While BOTOX and fillers like Juvéderm® are both powerful wrinkle treatments, how they work varies slightly. BOTOX, which is essentially a muscle relaxer – works to reduce the appearance of lines. Fillers – as the name implies – add volume to the face and work to fill in the valleys of deep lines.
- Fillers can only be used for wrinkles. While combating wrinkles is the main way we use fillers today, certain injectables actually serve multiple purposes. For example, Restylane® is often used as a minimally-invasive lip enhancement procedure.
- Fillers and BOTOX are permanent. Unfortunately, the effects of BOTOX and soft tissue fillers do not last forever. Patients will have to return for additional treatments to maintain their results. In general, however, these treatments can typically last up to several months.
- BOTOX is the only Botulinum injectable. Whether you know it or not, BOTOX is not the only Botulinum injectable out there. Our practice also offers Dysport®, a similar, powerful wrinkle fighter.
Plastic Surgery NY
To learn more about these or any of the procedures we offer, take a look around our site at Plastic Surgery NY.
If you’re ready to come in for a consultation, contact us today and find out what plastic surgery can do for you. We have locations in Montvale, NJ, Pearl River, NY and SOHO, NYC. Call our offices directly at (866) 971-7705. We look forward to meeting you soon.