It is often assumed that women are the only ones that choose to go under the knife to improve their appearance. New reports demonstrate that men are becoming more interested in cosmetic procedures. This trend is in part responsible for the recent plastic surgery boom. Men are choosing to try a variety of different procedures. These are listed below, along with the increase in the number of men opting for them in 2010.
Growth Statistics in Men Choosing Plastic Surgery
1. Facelift – 14% increase
2. Ear Surgery (Otoplasty) – 11% increase
3. Soft Tissue Fillers – 10% Increase
4. Botulinum Toxin Type A – 9% increase
5. Liposuction — 7% increase
6. Breast Reduction in Men – 6% increase
7. Eyelid Surgery – 4% increase
8. Dermabrasion – 4% increase
9. Laser Hair Removal – 4% increase
10. Laser Treatment of Leg Veins – 4% increase
It has been indicated that the main demographic responsible for this increase is male baby boomers. Many want to continue to compete in the job market against younger individuals. They also want to look as good as they feel on the inside.
Plastic Surgeons Offering Services for Men
If you’re a man contemplating plastic surgery and want to discuss procedures further, please contact us.