Plastic surgery is a world-wide trend that does not seem to be going anywhere. People all over the world investigate and go under the knife for millions of different personal reasons. Whether it is to look younger, feel better, or keep up with competition at work, men and women alike are flocking to plastic surgeons, asking them to correct their perceived flaws.
2010 Plastic Surgery Statistics
Below are the top trends found in plastic surgery for 2010, based on national databases and board certified plastic surgeons:
- Growth in Cosmetic Surgery: 13.1 million plastic surgeries were performed last year. Since most insurance plans do not cover plastic surgery, this proves that the consumers of plastic surgery are becoming more confident and appreciating the results.
- Most Desired Surgeries: The top five procedures via plastic surgery are breast augmentation, rhinoplasty, eyelid lift, liposuction, and tummy tucks. Also, the number of face lifts has risen five percent from statistics in 2007.
- Body Contouring: breast and lower body lifts are two common procedures. Upper arm and thigh lifts are also becoming increasingly popular in comparison to years prior.
- Non-Invasive Procedures: Non-invasive procedures that don’t involve going under the knife or being put under local aesthetic have become increasingly popular. This includes procedures like microdermabrasion, Botox and soft tissue fillers, laser hair removal and chemical peels.
- Reconstructive Surgery: These surgeries are normally paid for by insurance companies, and have risen 2 percent since last year. These include removing tumors, breast reconstruction due to cancer, scar and laceration repair.
The Future of Plastic Surgery
Although plastic surgery is a personal choice, millions of people all over the world are becoming more confident and self assured with cosmetic procedures. With new technology and advanced medical procedures, plastic surgery is becoming more widely accepted. If you’re ready to embrace it,make an appointment with us today.