Many women who have had a breast augmentation find themselves inspired to get out and purchase new lingerie that increases their confidence and helps them make the most of their new assets. But, lingerie shopping post-surgery does mean that women need to learn how to get the perfect bra fit for their new breasts. Here are some guidelines that women can follow when bra shopping!
1. Make sure that the band is even across your back – if the back of the bra isn’t straight across, it won’t offer adequate support. It’s not uncommon for women to purchase a bra that is pulled up towards the sides of the back by the straps, but this doesn’t do them any favors physically or aesthetically.
2. Make sure that the front band of the bra sits against your ribcage – if you buy a bra that is essentially floating over your breasts rather than resting below, then you have chosen the wrong size bra. The under wire and the base of the cups should be against your ribcage, not the breast tissue to provide support. Of course, you don’t want the front or back band of the bra to be so tight that it digs in either.
3. Choose a bra that gives your breasts a nice shape – cups that are too small for your breasts can create a lumpy look due to inadequate coverage. Make sure that you have appropriate cleavage that is supported.
4. Buy a bra that fits on the loosest clasp – your bra can stretch in time, so when you buy one, make sure it fits adequately on the loosest clasp so you can make it tighter as needed.
5. Remember, you may have new support requirements – following a breast augmentation, you may require different levels of support than you did previously. This means that cuts and styles you shopped for before may no longer work. A professional bra fitting can make sure you get what you need!